Thursday, June 4, 2015

Evil is beautiful as a rainbow...

Can you believe that some people have referred to me as "emotional"? Yes, I'm "LOL". My ability to feel the excitement, pain, happiness, loneliness, and hatred fueled anger of others is overwhelming at times. It has taken the majority of my life to try to find a balance between what "I can change and wisdom to know the difference" and yet I am still shocked when I am directly confronted by the conniving genius of the enemy's power. 

Last night, while scrolling through Facebook, I came upon a video of two boys who appeared to be in middle school. One was a little bigger than the other and yet it was the smaller boy who began to pick a fight. He threw a punch at the larger boy, who took it without reacting, and then another. I could feel my heart starting to tear. These are someone's children. AND someone's child was videotaping the fight. When the bigger boy went to defend himself, he body slammed the smaller boy, I'm sure not as damaging as was capable, but enough to hurt him badly and walked away. I almost choked on the sorrow. My husband said he believes this video is quite old but all I wanted to do was cry. I knew as surely as I've ever known anything that God the Father was looking down upon us in sadness. Those that surely lack the salvation of Jesus Christ would never think that anything was wrong with what I witnessed and even those that have Christ but are weak in the Spirit often trip in the potholes of sin that the enemy places in our path. The world of sin is so great. I ache for the day Jesus Christ returns. To save us from this horror. To bring eternal peace to those who believe in Him and seperate us from those who reject His salvation. 

Have you ever known a child to do something wrong and find the most adorable way to convince you that his/her reasoning behind it was in fact "Okay"? To paint a picture so beautiful that you've given in to his/her thinking and now increased your margins to the once before reason the original sin was bad? The old adage of "give an inch..." The enemy just painted a beautiful picture and included a rainbow for extra measure to reach his goal. Please beware of rainbows in the midst of sin. Our children have to continue the war against good/evil. I pray that everyone who has accepted Christ be renewed in Spirit and see more clearly the rainbows so that you can equip yourselves and others. 

Ephesians 6:11-13 (NIV)

11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powersof this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers