Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Chronic Pain

Do you live with Chronic Pian? I do. I have a triple cervical fushion and permanent nerve damage in the occipital nerves causing cervicogenic headaches. These leave you wishing the 2ND coming of Christ would really hurry along. I have just received yet another surgery having a spinal cord simulator implanted to help with the pain. Its really too early in this procedure to see if its working yet but nights like these I am unable to get any sleep. Tell me what you have....and how have you managed to cope with it.

Pain is the darkness that keeps us from the Light
Pain is the vise that helps give up the fight
Acceptance is often difficult to bear
It is like our own cross to wear
Show me what i should do
Does pain ravage you too?

1 comment:

  1. Pain is an enigma.
    At first glance- we can see the reds flashing off with strikes of lightning b/c it is our obvious reaction.
    If you can see it outside of yourself and place it upon the white light and walk around it-trying to "see" it for more than what u think it is -then it becomes so much more.
    A path directly to God. A place where tears flood the white space of the mind and the pain sits upon the waters...like its own little ship-rocking upon the liquid of you.
    (sigh)
    I have had 2 knees redone and metal bolts and plate in an ankle- I know this pain. It has lead me to God to Greta-to a higher place.
    I will keep u in my prayers-I will send healing light to wash over you-pushing pain away.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Followers