Sunday, November 18, 2012

How does the 9-5 day make a difference?

Surely I am not the only person who works 9-5, only to come home and begin that 24/7 job called "life"? I know we all work. I mean, you have bills to pay right? Actually, come to think of it, you'd like to eat now and then also huh? Well, that doesn't usually happen without having a job, a paycheck. This country is struggling with families who are struggling with less income than the outgoing bills & necessities. So, let’s talk about fulfillment. I began to think that a good, hard day’s work equaled the acceptable reasoning for all the "other" things I could have done: housewife, mother, community contributor. But instead, I have placed all of that second and third to the hopes and dreams of a company owned by someone else just being an employee. Over the last 12 years, I realized that when people said "stress kills", dang it: they were not kidding. I've had 13 major surgeries and truth be known, I blame the bottom line on the lifestyles we lead. Fast, faster, and now!

So, I started to research (biblically) and I just don't believe that the hard work I do is doing ANYTHING for the purpose of God. Was I blessed with 4 children and an amazing husband to never have time for them? Do you feel this way too? Why do we do things that don't honor God simply because we think we have to have a paycheck or because we feel devoted to the ones we work for? Am I alone in this? Comments please!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers