Thursday, February 2, 2017

A Thief Called Time

Under the stars I watch the beauty of life. I can close my eyes and hear a music unlike any other. So how is it that when I open my eyes, it has become nothing more than a memory? I should feel the happiness it brought to me, yet I am filled with a longing to have had it last just a moment more. Bargaining with life to grant me, yet again and undeservingly, it's beauty and wonder.

To kiss your lover and rejoice in its very essence is something to behold. To etch it into the very fibers of your being and yet again, either it will become a memory or even at it's worst, a missed opportunity to have added that blessing to our lives.

The kindness of words, the power of a caress, the selflessness of helping others out of love, is being blessed enough to witness the very act of God's love and mercy. Time is an illusion that we cannot afford to believe in but instead we should strive to become the very act itself and not the witness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers